- 2 x 250 g Woolworths frozen all-butter puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 2 T Dijon mustard
- 150 g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 125 g Woolworths wafer-thin smoked ham
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- For the dipping sauce, combine:
- 2 T mayonnaise
- 1 t honey
- 1 t hot mustard
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
2. Separate the pastry sheets and spread the mustard evenly over one side of each sheet. Divide the cheese into 4 equal portions, the cover each sheet of pastry with one portion of cheese, layer over the ham, then sprinkle over the last two portions of cheese.
3. Roll up the pastry up, then cut each sheet into 5 pieces. Place on the baking tray, evenly spaced apart. Chill for 15 minutes. Season, then bake for 25–35 minutes, or until golden. Serve warm with honey mustard dipping sauce.
Cook’s note: Try some other flavours:
The Caprese: pesto, Parmesan, mozzarella, sundried tomatoes.
The pizza: tomato passata, salami, Parmesan, grated Cheddar, oregano.
The cinnamon bun: cinnamon sugar and chopped nuts, drizzled with water icing.