- 1 x 250 g pack Woolworths streaky wood-smoked bacon
- 1 x 600 g pack Woolworths duck sausages
- 1 T olive oil
- 3 - 4 bulbs baby fennel, chopped
- 2 t Woolworths prepared roasted garlic
- 8 fresh sage leaves, chopped
- 1/2 Woolworths ciabatta, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 100 g dried cranberries
- 1 orange, zested and juiced (optional)
- 100 g raw shelled pistachios
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 large free-range egg, beaten
- honey, for brushing
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a 28 x 7 x 9 cm loaf tin with baking paper, then line the paper with the bacon so the sides and base of the tin are completely covered.
2. Snip the ends off the sausages and squeeze out the sausage meat. Heat the olive oil in a pan and fry the sausage meat until browned. Add the fennel, garlic and sage and fry for 5 minutes. Fold in the ciabatta.
3. Remove the pan from the heat and mix in the cranberries, orange juice and zest and pistachios. Season to taste. Fold through the egg.
4. Press the mixture into the bacon-lined loaf tin and level. Fold over any overhanging bacon pieces. Roast for 20 minutes, or until set. Remove from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature.
5. Just before serving, carefully turn out the terrine onto a baking tray, brush with the honey and place under the grill for 1–2 minutes, or until sticky and glazed. Take care not to let it burn. Slice and serve with your favourite roast.
Cook’s note: If you want the texture to be denser, simply add another egg and use finer breadcrumbs. Swap the bacon for Woolies duck bacon if you like.