This is kind of a quiche with a pizza base. Use cheese, cold meats, red pepper, baby marrow and tomatoes, or anything you like!
- For the dough:
- 3⁄4 cup warm water
- 1 t dried yeast
- 3 T olive oil, plus 1 t for greasing
- 300 g flour
- 1 t salt
- For the filling:
- 200 g ricotta
- 10 g mozzarella, grated
- 200 g mascarpone
- 100 g pecorino, grated
- 5 free-range eggs
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 slices Parma ham
- 6 Woolworths artichokes in brine, drained
1. To make the dough, mix the water and yeast in a large bowl. Mix the flour and salt in a separate large bowl. Make a well in the flour and gradually add the yeast mixture and the oil. Bring the mixture together using your hands to form a ball.
2. Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and knead for 10 minutes, or until smooth. Place in an oiled bowl. Cover with clingwrap or a clean tea towel and leave
in a warm place until doubled in size.
3. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Roll out the dough thinly on a floured surface and place in a 25 cm pie dish. Trim the edges and bake for 15 minutes.
4. To make the filling, mix all the ingredients except the ham and artichokes. Pour the mixture into the baked tart case. Arrange the Parma ham and artichokes on top, gently pressing them in slightly. Bake for 45 minutes, or until set.
Photographs: Jan Ras