- 200 g Rosa tomatoes, halved
- 1 T olive oil
- 1½ T butter
- 8 ciabatta or white bread slices
- 1x125 g Woolworths roasted red pepper pesto tub
- 125 g sliced cooked ham
- 120 g Cheddar cheese, sliced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Fresh basil, to garnish
- Olive oil, for drizzling
Grill the tomatoes under a hot grill until soft and slightly charred.
Heat half the oil and butter in a pan and fry the bread in 2 batches until golden brown and toasted.
Spread the pesto onto the toast then layer on the ham, tomatoes and cheese and place under grill until the cheese is melted and golden brown.
Season to taste, garnish with basil and drizzle with olive oil.