- For the stone-fruit chutney:
- 3 ripe peaches
- 2 ripe nectarines
- 3 T caster sugar
- 3 T Woolworths white balsamic vinegar
- 1 Woolworths Easy to Cook plum-stuffed lamb rack
1. To make the stone-fruit chutney, slice the fruit into wedges and place in a saucepan with the remaining ingredients and simmer for 5–10 minutes until tender and soft but still quite chunky. Set aside to cool to room temperature to serve.
2. To make the lamb, preheat the oven to 160°C. Remove all the outer packaging. Remove the lamb from the vacuum bag and set aside the dried orange slices.
3. Place into a roasting pan with the arched, trimmed bones facing downward and the fat-side facing up.
4. Place in the centre of the oven and roast for 25 minutes per 500 g, plus an additional 20 minutes. Place the orange slices onto the centre of the lamb 15 minutes before the end of the cooking time. Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes. While resting, heat the glaze in a medium-sized saucepan for 2 minutes, then serve with the rack of lamb and chutney.
Photograph: Andrea van der Spuy
Food Assistants: Kate Ferreira & Emma Nkunzana