- 2 portions duck breasts (400–500g)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ cup orange juice
- 2 T soy sauce
- 1 chunk ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 star anise
- 2 T honey
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- For serving
- 1 mango or small papino, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 pineapple, peeled and thinly sliced
- Mix of cold steamed Asian greens, dressed with soy sauce and sesame oil
Remove the skin from the duck and slice thinly. Slowly dry-fry over a low heat until crisp and brown. Remove with a slotted spoon.
Bring to the boil the broth, juices, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and star anise. Add the skinned duck breasts. Cover and turn off the heat. Leave for 5 minutes or until the duck meat is just cooked and moist.
Remove the duck with a slotted spoon, cool, then slice thinly. Add the honey to the cooking broth then reduce the broth until slightly syrupy. Mix with the sliced duck meat and check seasoning.
To serve: Arrange the fruit on a platter or plates. Top with the duck and its dressing. Add the crispy skin. Serve with the vegetable mix on the side.
Per serving: 3702kJ, 21.2g protein, 66.3g fat, 46.8g carbs