- 4 portions fresh ocean trout, about 500g
- 4 large potatoes, skinned and thinly sliced
- 2 bulbs fennel, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 cup home-made chicken broth or weak vegetable stock
- Maldon sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to serve
Wash and dry the fish, season lightly, and set aside. In a medium pan with a lid, gently simmer the potatoes and fennel with the broth and lemon juice. Add a little seasoning.
Cook, covered, for about 20 minutes or until tender. Add the fish, cover tightly, and turn off the heat. Leave for 5 minutes, by which time the fish should be ready. Season to taste and serve with a lightly dressed green salad.
Per serving: 2715.9kJ, 30g protein, 8.7g fat, 35.8g carbs
The gentle cooking of the fish results in a good texture.Look out for fresh ocean trout, now available at Woolworths. You could do the same with butterfi sh.Serve hot, at room temperature, or even cold on a very hot day