- For the broth:
- 2 cups fresh chicken stock
- 1 T tamarind
- 1 T miso paste
- 1 T fish sauce
- 1 t palm sugar
- 5 nori sheets, cut into strips
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 T bonito flakes (optional)
- For the trout:
- 200 g Woolworths poached lemon pepper trout
- 100 g spring onions, thinly slliced
- 30 g pickled ginger
- 200 g Woolworths frozen edamame beans, cooked according to package instructions
To make the broth, place all the ingredients in a saucepan over a medium heat and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
Pour into bowls and flake over the trout, then add the spring onions, pickled ginger and edamame beans.
Cook's note: This broth is just pure umami in a bowl.