- 285 g jasmine rice
- 2 litres coconut water
- 1 T salt
- 1 x 10 cm piece lemongrass, grated
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 x 3 cm piece ginger, grated
- 1 x 3 cm piece fresh turmeric, grated
- 2 T coconut oil
- 400 g pork fillet, roughly hand-minced
- 1⁄4 cup fish sauce
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 50 g coconut chunks, sliced into thin strips
- 50 g Woolworths crispy onion sprinkle
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
Soak the rice in water for 30 minutes. Bring the coconut water and salt to the boil in a medium saucepan, then add the drained rice. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10–15 minutes, or until cooked.
Using a mortar and pestle, roughly smash the lemongrass and garlic together, then mix in the ginger and turmeric.
Heat the coconut oil in a heavy-based saucepan, then add the lemongrass mixture and fry for 5 minutes. Add the pork fillet and cook until slightly caramelised, then deglaze the pan with the fish sauce and season to taste.
Serve the pork with the jasmine rice, topped with the cucumber, coconut, crispy onion and lime.
Cook’s note: Don’t be shy when cutting up the fillet, the easiest way to achieve a rough hand mince is to roughly cut the meat into 2 x 2 cm cubes. You can also use chicken mince for this recipe.