- 2 T sunflower oil
- 400 g pork fillet
- 50 g Woolworths Vindaloo corry paste
- 1 x 400 g can of tomatoes
- 4 T plain yoghurt
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- For the sambal
- 200 g baby plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 a red onion, sliced
- a small bunch of fresh coriander
- 2 T lemon juice
- basmati rice, chapatis or naan bread, to serve
- toasted almonds, to garnish
- shredded coconut, to garnish
Heat the oil over a medium heat.
Slice the pork fillet and fry on both sides until browned. Set aside.
Add the Vindaloo curry paste to the same pan with the canned tomatoes and purée until smooth. Cook the curry for 5 minutes, then add the yoghurt and season to taste.
Add the pork and simmer for 5 minutes.
To make the sambal, combine the chopped tomatoes, red onion, coriander and lemon juice.
Garnish the curry with toasted almonds and coconut.
Serve with basmati rice, chapattis or naan bread.
Cook's note: Woolworths ready-made Vindaloo curry paste makes preparing this dish a clinch. If you'd like to make your vindaloo from scratch, follow our recipe for Spatchcock chicken in a tomato vindaloo potjie.