- 2 T olive oil
- 5 baby leeks, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 fresh red chilli, chopped
- 1 cup cream
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 x 400 g cannellini beans cans, drained
- Fresh lemon, for squeezing
- 2 x 120 g Woolworths Portuguese sardines in tomato sauce cans
- 1 ciabatta loaf, thinly sliced and toasted
Heat the olive oil in a large pan over a medium to low heat, then fry the leeks, garlic and chilli for 2–3 minutes.
Add the cream and reduce for 10 minutes, then season to taste. Fold through the beans and add a squeeze of lemon juice.
Top with the sardines and serve with the toasted ciabatta.