- 1 T coconut oil
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 1 t ground nutmeg
- 1 stalk lemongrass, halved lengthways
- 1 T ginger, grated
- 500 g Sifra potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 T chicken stock powder
- 2 x 400 ml cans coconut milk
- 1 t sesame oil, to garnish
- A few sprigs coriander, to garnish
- 1 red bird’s-eye chilli, thinly sliced, to garnish
- 1 T Woolworths Simply toasted coconut flakes, to garnish
Heat the coconut oil in a saucepan. Add the onion and fry until slightly browned. Add the nutmeg, lemongrass, ginger and potatoes and sauté for a few minutes or until fragrant.
Add the stock powder and coconut milk. Reduce the heat to low and simmer gently, adding a cup of water when the soup begins to get too thick. Stir often.
Once the potatoes have softened, remove the soup from the heat and transfer to a blender. Blend until smooth. Garnish with a few drops of sesame oil, coriander, chilli and toasted coconut flakes.
Cook's note: The versatile Sifra potato is a melt-in-themouth winner in this soul-warming soup packed with perfumey Thai flavours.