- 500 g small Nicola Mediterranean potatoes
- Olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 5 free-range eggs, beaten
- 100 g smoked salmon trout ribbons
- Chives, chopped, for sprinkling
- Crème fraîche, for serving
Trim the potatoes, then slice thinly. Layer in an oiled pan about 22 cm in diameter. Season lightly and pour over enough boiling water to cover. Simmer for 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft, adding more boiling water if necessary. 2
Drain the potatoes and wipe out the pan. Add a little olive oil to the pan, then return the potatoes. Pour in the beaten eggs. Cook over a low heat for 15 minutes, or until the eggs are just set. Season lightly. Moisten with a little olive oil and slide under the grill to brown.
Top with salmon and sprinkle with chives. Serve with crème fraîche.