- 4 potatoes, washed and halved lengthways
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Gouda, grated for topping
- Chilli, chopped for topping
- Pan-fried bacon, to serve
- Wild rocket, for garnish
Wash the potatoes, then halve lengthways. Bake in the microwave for 10 to 15 minutes, or until a knife is easily inserted. Set aside to cool for 5 minutes then scoop out the flesh and place in a bowl.
Mash the potato, then fold in the red onion, finely diced, and sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
Gently spoon the mixture back into the skins and arrange on an oiled baking tray. Top with grated Gouda, sprinkle with chopped chilli and place under a hot grill for 5 minutes, or until melted and golden.
Serve topped with pan-fried bacon and garnished with wild rocket.
SPECIAL OFFER FROM WOOLWORTHS:
When making this recipe, pick up the Gouda and potatoes on the Woolworths WREWARDS program and get up to 10% off!