- 4 large potatoes
- 50 g nibbed almonds, lightly toasted
- 1 cup red pepper, minced
- 2 chillies, minced (optional)
- 1/2 lime or lemon, juiced
- 2 T fresh coriander, minced
- 1 T cornflour
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Oil, for frying
- For the chutney, blend:
- 30 g chopped almonds
- 2 T coriander, chopped
- 1 cup plain yoghurt
Boil the potatoes in their skins until tender. Cool slightly, then peel and mash.
Add the almonds, red pepper, chilli, lime or lemon juice, fresh coriander and cornflour. Season to taste and mix well.
Rub your hands with oil and divide the mixture into eight portions. Flatten into patties 3 cm thick.
Brush a cast-iron or nonstick griddle with oil, place over a medium heat and fry the patties for 10 minutes a side, or until crisp.
Serve with the almond-coriander chutney.