"I love a carb-on-carb moment, and these skordalia-inspired potato toasts are all flavour! I made mine with Woolies’ range of dairy-free cheese, but you’re welcome to use regular cheese, too." - Khanya Mzongwana
- 1 head garlic, halved
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 4 cups water
- 10 g fresh dill
- 60 g Woolworths dairy-free cheese spread
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 loaf farm-style bread, sliced
- 100 g walnuts, finely chopped
- 100 g Woolworths dairy-free hard cheese, finely grated
View this post on Instagram
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C. Place the garlic on a baking tray and roast for 25 minutes, or until the garlic is slightly golden brown and softened.
2. Bring the potatoes and water to a boil in a saucepan, then simmer for 10–12 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked through and soft. Drain and allow to stand for 5 minutes, then add the roasted garlic, half the dill, cheese spread, salt and pepper and mash until chunky and well combined.
3. Generously spread the potato mixture onto the bread, sprinkle with the walnuts and cover with the hard cheese. Drizzle with olive oil and place on a baking tray in the oven. Reduce the heat to 200°C. Bake until the tops are a light golden brown. Scatter with the remaining dill and serve warm.
Videography: Romy Wilson
Photograph: Shavan Rahim
Food assistant: Leila-Ann Mokotedi