- 4 large stalks celery, chopped
- 12 small baby marrows, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 t dried oregano
- 1 cup water
- 1 large cucumber, sliced julienne in very thin, long strips (inside flesh reserved)
- Sea salt and white pepper
- 12 tiger prawns
- 1 T olive oil
- Toasted, flaked almonds, to garnish
- For the spinach and rocket oil:
- 1 x 130 g bag rocket, spinach and baby spinach
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 t salt
- 1 cup olive oil
Over a gentle heat, sweat the celery, baby marrows, garlic and oregano for 10 minutes, ensuring that nothing browns. Add the water and reserved cucumber flesh and simmer for another 10 minutes.
Remove from the heat and blitz in a food processor before passing through a sieve. Season to taste with salt and white pepper, then add the cucumber strips, cover with clingfilm and chill for at least 2 hours.
De-vein and peel the prawns, leaving the tail shells intact. Season with salt and white pepper and pan-fry in the olive oil for 1 minute on each side. Set aside to cool.
Spoon the soup into bowls, twirl the cucumber ribbons around a meat fork and place in the centre of the soup. Top with three prawns per serving. Drizzle with spinach and rocket oil and sprinkle over some toasted flaked almonds.
To make the spinach and rocket oil: Blanch the greens in boiling water for 10 seconds then refresh immediately in cold water. Add to a food processor along with the garlic, salt and olive oil, then blend until fine.