- 1 T Woolworths enchilada spice
- 2 T olive oil
- 4 free-range chicken breasts
- 1 x 600 g Woolworths fresh country vegetable soup pack
- 160 g polenta
- 4 cups milk
- 1 x 420 can Woolworths cream-style corn
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Mix the enchilada spice and the olive oil. Brush onto the chicken breasts and sear in a hot cast-iron or ovenproof pan for about 5 minutes on each side.
2. Remove from the heat and pour the soup into the pan to surround the chicken. Place the pan into the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, prepare the polenta according to package instructions, whisking continuously for a velvety smooth finish. Fold through the sweetcorn and season to taste.
4. Spoon the polenta into shallow bowls and remove the chicken from the oven. Using two forks, shred the chicken into big pieces and spoon over the polenta. Serve hot with a few extra sliced chillies if you like.
Cook's note: Baking the chicken in the soup keeps it super succulent and tender. Milk adds a lovely soft creaminess to the polenta, but you can also usestock or water.
Photograph: Andrea van der Spuy
Food assistant: Ellen Schwerdtfeger