- 1 butternut, peeled and cubed
- 4 T olive oil
- 250 g bacon, roughly chopped
- 4 leeks, halved and cut into thirds
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 cups cream
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 x 250 g packs Woolworths five-cheese ravioli
- sage, fried, for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Place the butternut on a lined baking tray, drizzle with 3 T olive oil and roast until slightly caramelised and tender, 35–45 minutes. Meanwhile, fry the bacon until crispy and set aside.
2. Heat the remaining olive oil in the same pan and sweat the leeks until soft and golden, then add the garlic and cook for 5 minutes. Add the chicken stock and reduce for 10 minutes, then add the cream and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add the butternut and bacon, combine and season.
3. Spread a layer of the cream sauce on the bottom of an ovenproof dish, add a layer of ravioli, then repeat until you’ve used all the ravioli and sauce. Bake for 20–25 minutes, or until the ravioli is tender and crispy on the edges. Serve with the fried sage
Photographs: Jan Ras
Food Assistant: Bianca Strydom