- 2 cups Beetroot, raw, peeled, chopped finely*
- 250 grams Cottage cheese, smooth, unflavored
- 385 grams Condensed milk
- 125 ml Lemon juice (bottled / fresh)
- 150 grams Nuts, any (I used peanuts)
- 85 grams Dates, pitted, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Boiling water
Place the nuts into food processor, pulse few times until they broken down. Add dates and boiling water and blend until the mixture comes together. Spoon the mix into a greased loose-bottom cake tin, spread evenly onto the base and press tightly down. Place into a fridge for about 15 minutes.
Mix the lemon juice, cottage cheese and condensed milk well. Add the finely chopped raw beetroot, mix well. Pour onto the crust and refrigerate for few hours.
*NOTE: Maybe I should have scooped the raw chopped beetroot in a clean dishtowel and wring out all the water ... I left this cheesecake overnight in fridge and it 'bled' red juice.