- 1 x 720 g Woolworths red velvet gateau cake with sour cream frosting
- 2 x 250 g plain cream cheese tubs, at room temperature
- 4 T icing sugar
- Lemon juice, to taste
- 1 cup cream, whipped
- 500 g blueberries
- 500 g strawberries, sliced
- 250 g gooseberries, halved
- 50 g white chocolate shavings
- 3 T icing sugar, for dusting (optional)
Carefully cut each layer of the cake in half horizontally to create 6 layers. 2
Beat the cream cheese and stir in the sugar and lemon juice. Fold in the whipped cream and mix the berries in a bowl.
To assemble, place the bottom layer of the cake on a cake stand. Spoon over a layer of cream cheese icing and top with a third of the mixed berries.
Repeat with the remaining layers. Cover the top layer with icing and top the centre with berries. Garnish with white chocolate shavings and sprinkle with icing sugar just before serving.
Chef's note: “I love desserts with a bit of scale for the grand finale. This cake creates such an impression that your guests won’t be able to tell that you used a ready-made cake from Woolworths!”