- 1 x 800 g Wooolworths red velvet gateau cake
- 1 litre Wooolworths Extremely Creamy Madagascan vanilla ice cream
- 400 g frozen raspberries
- 6 free-range eggs, separated
- 220 g caster sugar
1. Line a 22 cm bowl with clingwrap. Slice the red velvet cake into long strips and layer around the bowl, pressing down with your fingers or the back of a spoon.
2. Scoop half the vanilla ice cream into the bowl and top with half the frozen raspberries. Repeat with the remaining ice cream and raspberries. Top with the remaining red velvet cake. Cover with clingwrap and freeze overnight or until solid.
3. In a clean bowl, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form, slowly adding the caster sugar one spoon at a time, until all the sugar has dissolved and the meringue has firmed slightly.
4. Carefully turn out the frozen cake onto a platter and remove the clingwrap.
5. Spoon the meringue all over the cake. Using a blowtorch, slightly scorch the meringue or bake at 50ºC for 2 minutes. Serve immediately