- 4 kg rib-eye roast, at room temperature
- 6 T olive oil
- 8 T red wine vinegar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 30 g Italian parsley, roughly chopped
- 20 g coriander, roughly chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 100 g capers, roughly chopped
- 100 g anchovy fillets, roughly chopped
Preheat the oven to 180°C. Rub the meat with the olive oil, salt and pepper.
Heat a large griddle pan over a high heat. Sear the meat until golden brown, then place into a deep roasting tray.
Roast for 1 1⁄2 hours, or until cooked to your liking. Wrap in foil and rest for 30 minutes.
Serve with the anchovy salsa verde.
Cook’s note: Always allow meat to rest to ensure it becomes juicy and tender.