- For the Korean Bolognese:
- 3 T canola oil
- 500 g beef mince
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 x 5 cm ginger piece, finely chopped
- 4 T mint, finely chopped
- 4 T coriander, roughly chopped
- 2 T Woolworths sambal oelek
- 2 T Woolworths Mama O\\\\\\\'s spicy red pepper paste
- 4 artichokes
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
To make the Korean Bolognese, heat the oil in a pan over a high heat, then brown the mince in batches. Return the meat to the pan and add the onion, garlic and ginger and cook until the onions are translucent.
Stir in the mint, coriander, sambal oelek and red pepper paste and cook for 2 minutes.
Add ½ cup water, reduce the heat to low and cook for 30 minutes, or until thick.
To make the artichokes, preheat the oven to 180°C and bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil. Remove the tough outer leaves and the tops from the artichokes. Slice the artichokes, then simmer in the water for 10–15 minutes, or until tender.
Remove the artichokes from the saucepan, remove the chokes (find out how to prepare artichokes here)and place on a baking tray. Drizzle over the olive oil, toss to coat, then roast for 15 minutes, or until golden and slightly crispy on the edges.
Spoon the Korean Bolognese over the hot artichokes.