- 2 cauliflower heads, sliced into steaks
- 1⁄2 cup almond oil, plus 2 T for drizzling
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 80 g Grana Padano, grated
- 60 g parsley, leaves picked
- Caperberries, fried, to garnish
Preheat the oven to 200°C. Toss the cauliflower steaks in the almond oil and seasoning. Roast for 10 minutes, then sprinkle over the Grana Padano and roast for a further 20 minutes until tender but still firm.
Meanwhile, make the parsley oil. Blanch the parsley for a few seconds, until the leaves are bright green, drain
and refresh in iced water. Squeeze out any excess water. Transfer to a blender, blend with the remaining almond oil, then strain through cheesecloth.
Serve the cauliflower with a drizzle of parsley oil, topped with the fried caperberries.
Cook's note: The light, toasty flavour of almond oil makes it a perfect match for fresh herbs.