- 1 T coriander seeds
- 1 T cumin seeds
- 5 cardamom pods, crushed
- 4 garlic cloves, finely grated
- Salt, to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil, to coat
- 350 g cauliflower florets
- For the chimichurri dressing, mix:
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 4 T coriander roughly chopped
- 3 T parsley roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 green chilli, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 3 T extra virgin olive oil
- 2 T brown sugar
Preheat the oven to 180°C. In a large mixing bowl, combine the coriander and cumin seeds, cardamom, garlic and salt, then add the olive oil and cauliflower. Toss to coat.
Place the cauliflower in a roasting dish and roast for 30 minutes, or until tender and slightly charred.
Transfer to a serving dish and top with the chimichurri dressing.
Chef's note: “Roasting cauliflower brings out a wonderful nuttiness that you just want to inhale!” – Abigail Donnelly