- 1 kg chicken breast portions with skin and bone
- Olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 x 400 g Woolworths Italian whole cherry tomatoes in juice cans
- 1–2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Polenta, cooked according to package instructions, for serving
- Rocket, to garnish
Preheat the oven to 230°C.
Oil and season the chicken and place in a non-stick pan. Turn the heat to medium and cook slowly until the skin is crisp and golden. Turn and cook the other side.
Place the tomatoes and their juice into an oiled shallow roasting pan. Mix in the garlic and season to taste. Roast for 15 minutes or until starting to catch.
Place the browned chicken, skinside up, on top of the tomatoes. Roast for 10 minutes. Turn off the heat and leave the chicken in the oven for 5 minutes. It should be just cooked and still moist.
Serve the chicken over the polenta, spoon over the sauce and garnish with rocket.