- 4 T canola oil
- 250 g brown mushrooms, sliced
- 1 T butter
- 200 g leeks, sliced into rounds
- 125 ml dry white wine
- 250 ml cream
- 1 large free-range rotisserie chicken
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 500 g good-quality puff pastry
- 1 free-range egg, beaten
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Heat half the canola oil in a pan over a high heat and sauté the mushrooms in two batches, using the remaining canola oil for the second batch. Remove from the pan and set aside.
Heat the butter in the same pan. Sauté the leeks until soft, return the mushrooms to the pan and add the white wine. Reduce the wine by half, then add the cream and stir to combine.
Tear large pieces of the rotisserie chicken into the cream sauce. Season to taste and stir gently, taking care not to break the chicken into smaller pieces.
Transfer the filling to a large pie or ovenproof dish and cover with the puff pastry. Brush with the beaten egg and to bake for 30 minutes, or until the pastry has risen and is golden.
1. Chilling the puff pastry before baking firms up the butter in the pastry and will ensure that it rises well and will not shrink while baking.
2. Woolworths ready-made puff pastry is legendary and should always be in your freezer (though if it's rolled, take it out the night before so that it has time to defrost). Alternatively, follow our recipe for easy puff pastry that can be made at home in a jiffy.