- 1 free-range chicken, butterflied
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil, for moistening and greasing
- 500 g brown mushrooms
- 2 - 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- A few sprigs rosemary
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup red wine
- Watercress, for garnishing
Preheat the oven to 220°C.
Season the chicken and moisten with olive oil.
Place the mushrooms and chicken in a greased roasting pan. Season, then add the garlic and rosemary. Roast for 40 minutes, then pour over the stock and wine. Roast for a further 15 minutes, or until the chicken is golden.
Spoon the mushroom gravy over the chicken. Garnish with watercress.