- 2 limes, zested
- 1 t olive oil
- 1/2 T chopped fresh oregano
- 25 g fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1/2 chilli, chopped
- 4 x 200 g white fish fillets, such as hake
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 250 g Chinese egg noodles
- 2 T sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 T sesame oil
- 1 T macadamia nut or sunflower oil
- 3 T soya
- Fresh coriander, for serving
- Black pepper, for seasoning
Preheat the oven to 225°C.
Zest 2 limes and roast in the oven until slightly charred.
Mix the olive oil, lime zest, oregano, parsley and chilli.
Marinate the fish fillets in the mixture for 10 minutes.
Heat a roasting tray in the oven. Arrange the fish on the hot tray – it should sizzle immediately – then season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Roast for 8 to 10 minutes.
Cook the noodles in boiling salted water until tender.
Whisk the sesame seeds, sesame oil, macadamia nut or sunflower oil and soya and toss with the noodles. Arrange baby spinach leaves in bowls, then top with the noodles and fish.
Serve with the charred limes and fresh coriander and season with black pepper.
Cook's note: Woolworths wine selector and Cape Wine Mater Allan Mullins suggests three great wines that will go excellently with this roast fish dish.