- 2 medium pineapples (or 350 g precut queen pineapple)
- 70 g light brown sugar
- 45 g butter, plus extra for greasing
- 750 g fresh ricotta, well-drained and at room temperature
- 3 extra-large free-range eggs, separated
- 4 T runny honey
- mint, to garnish (optional)
Preheat the oven to 230°C. Top and tail the pineapples. Peel and trim where necessary. Cut each one lengthways into 6 – 8 pieces.
Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Sprinkle with the sugar and dot with butter. Roast for 15–20 minutes, or until the sugar and butter start to catch and caramelise. Wrap the sticky pineapple in foil to keep warm while baking the ricotta.
Beat the ricotta with the egg yolks until smooth and fluffy, then beat in the honey. Beat the egg whites until stiff, then fold into the ricotta mixture.
Line a greased 20 cm springform pan with baking paper. Pour in the ricotta mixture, smoothing the top. Bake at 190°C for 50 minutes or until risen, pale golden and firm. Serve warm, in wedges, with the roast pineapple, garnished with mint.