“This was inspired by a dish made by Jess Shepherd of Good to Gather. She served butternut wedges on roast butternut purée.”
- 4–6 Woolworths Kara sweet potatoes, washed
- 600 g pumpkin, diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 T olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 T butter
- 2 T honey
- 100 g tahini
- ¼ cup lemon juice
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Place the sweet potatoes, pumpkin and garlic on a baking tray, drizzle with the olive oil and season. Roast for 20 minutes.
2. Remove the pumpkin and garlic from the tray when tender. Mash with the butter, check the seasoning and set aside.
3. Roast the sweet potatoes until crispy. Combine the honey, tahini and lemon juice, then serve with the hot sweet potatoes and mashed pumpkin.
Photograph: Dirk Pieters
Production: Abigail Donnelly
Food assistant: Bianca Strydom