- For the chicken stock:
- 2 onions, quartered
- 1 carrot, roughly chopped
- 2 celery sticks, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves
- 4 parsley sprigs
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 free-range chicken carcass
- 3 litres water
- For the soup:
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 200 g rosmarino pasta
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 30 g parsley, roughly chopped
- 4 stalks celery leaves, chopped
- 1 free-range rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 100 g Woolworths barrel-aged feta
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
To make the stock, place all the ingredients in a saucepan, bring to the boil and skim off the froth that rises to the surface. Reduce the heat and simmer for 4–6 hours. Strain through a fine sieve or cloth.
To make the soup, place the chicken stock and pasta in a saucepan and cook until the pasta is al dente. Add the lemon juice, parsley and celery leaves.
Add the rotisserie chicken and sprinkle over the feta. Season to taste.
Cook's tip: Once you’ve devoured your succulent Woolies rotisserie chicken, simmer the bones to make the ultimate chicken noodle soup.
If you don't have time to make your own stock, the pre-prepared version will work just as well!