This refreshing jelly is a pretty perfect Mozambican-inspired addition to your next brunch or lunch – keep it chilled and serve with any freshly cut fruit you like.
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 30 g gelatine powder
- 1 1⁄2 litres cranberry juice
- 1⁄2 cup rum
- 100g raspberries, crushed
1. Place the water in a bowl and sprinkle over the gelatine. Set aside for a few minutes until the gelatine blooms, or expands, in the water.
2. Place the cranberry juice, rum and raspberries into a saucepan and heat gently. Once the juice is hot but not boiling, slowly whisk the bloomed gelatine into the warm cranberry juice. Gently whisk until the gelatine has dissolved completely.
3. Lightly grease a 20 cm silicone bundt cake mould and place on a plate for stability. Pour the rum-and-raspberry mixture into the mould and chill until set. 4 When the jelly has set, remove from the mould by carefully dipping it into hot water to loosen the jelly from the mould. Serve scattered with fresh raspberries.
Photographs: Toby Murphy
Food Assistant: Kate Ferreira