- 2 cups (heaped) Woolworths Cake Flour
- 1/4 cup Woolworths Butter with Fresh cream
- 3 Woolworth Large Free Range Eggs
- 1 cup Woolworths Fresh Milk
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 cup White Sugar
- 3/4 cup Woolworths Sunflower Oil
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Essence
In a large deep bowl, combine the eggs with the sugar and beat well until emulsified.
Add the milk, oil, melted butter,vanilla essence and beat further until foamy.
Sieve the dry ingredients and add slowly to the wet ingredients.
Mix gently until a creamy smooth, lump- free batter forms.
(* Be careful not to over mix your batter.)
Gently pour cake batter into a stoneware baking tray lined with parchment paper.
Tap cake tray on a hard surface to release any air bubbles.
Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees celsius for 1 hour.
Using a skewer check to see if the cake is fully cooked through. Skewer should come out clean.
Allow the cake to cool thoroughly on a cooling rack before serving.
Slice and serve on its own or with butter. Absolutely delicious as a tea-time treat.