- 500 g lightly smoked trout, skin removed
- 1 x 400 g Woolworths Sabrosa strawberries punnet
- 250 g Woolworths fior di latte cheese
- 1 lime, zested
- coriander, to garnish
- pink peppercorns, to garnish
- For the gooseberry dressing:
- 1 x 200 g Woolworths gooseberries punnet
- 4 t rice vinegar
- 2 t fish sauce
- 2 t extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 t fresh ginger
- 2 t finely chopped coriander, roughly chopped
Cut the trout fillet into bite-sized chunks and place on a large serving platter or on individual serving dishes. Hull and quarter the strawberries and add to the dish.
Tear the fior di latte cheese over the salad and top with the lime zest. drizzle over the dressing and garnish with the coriander and pink peppercorns.
To make the dressing, squeeze half the gooseberries into a mixing bowl. Slice the remaining berries in half and add to the bowl. add the remaining ingredients and mix well.