- 600 g fresh salmon
- For the mayo:
- 1 free-range egg yolk
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to season
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 8 caperberries, finely chopped
- pulp of 3 granadillas
- red onion, sliced into rings, to serve
- rocket, to serve
- cucumber ribbons, to serve
Slice the salmon into thin slices. Chill until needed.
To make the mayo, place the egg yolk in a bowl and mix in the lemon juice.
Gently pour in the oil from a height, beating continuously until thick.
Season and mix in the celery, caperberries and granadilla pulp.
Pile the onion, rocket and cucumber on top of the fish, and spoon over the mayo.
Cook’s note: Slices of tuna can also be added.
Per serving: 1324.8kJ, 20.6g protein, 25.4g fat, 1.0g carbs