- 2 cups lemon juice
- 100 g sugar, plus 2 T for frying
- 125 g butter
- 1 t Maldon salt
- 6 free-range egg yolks
- 6 Woolworths frozen pancakes
1. Place the lemon juice and sugar in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Whisk in the butter and salt until melted. Allow to cool for 5 minutes. Return to the heat.
2. Whisk in the egg yolks one at a time. Cook over a gentle heat until thickened.
3. Heat a medium-sized pan and sprinkle in a little sugar. It will caramelise quickly. Add a pancake and heat through on the one side. Fill with a dollop of curd and fold over or fold in all sides to form a square. Repeat with the remaining pancakes.
Cook’s note: When making the curd, keep the heat low so you don’t end up with scrambled eggs.