- For the Parmesan corn shards:
- 100 g Parmesan, finely grated
- 1 - 2 cobs sweetcorn, cooked and kernels cut off
- For the risotto:
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 T butter
- 2 x 410 g cans Woolworths samp-and-bean mix, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cream
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 free-range eggs, poached, for serving
- Italian parsley, finely chopped, for serving
- burnt butter, for serving
Preheat the oven to 200°C. To make the Parmesan corn shards, sprinkle the corn onto a silicone baking mat and top with the grated Parmesan. Bake until golden brown and slightly crisp. Cool, then break into shards.
Soften the onion and garlic in the butter over a low heat for 5 minutes, or until translucent. Add the samp and beans and cream and season to taste, stirring until the cream is absorbed and the texture is similar to that of a risotto. Serve immediately with the Parmesan corn shards, a poached egg and a drizzle of burnt butter.
Cook's note: You’re going to love this risotto-style pan of samp and beans. It's quick and delicious.