- 1 cup Samp, cooked and drained*
- 1 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard (any kind)
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs (fresh / dried)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (or other oil)
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh/dried chillies (optional)
*There is now a 'Quick Cook Samp' in the shops - from start to finish it cooks in 30 minutes!!! No soaking needed at all.
Whisk together in mixing bowl the garlic, mustard, herbs, zest, salt, pepper, chilies and vinegar. While you are whisking, slowly drizzle in the oil – mixture becomes a bit cloudy. Taste and adjust seasoning. Pour over the Samp, mix and keep in fridge.
Note: You can also add chopped onion, chopped bacon / chicken / steak / vegetables to make this a main meal salad. Double the marinating ingredients if needed.