- 1 T extra virgin olive oil
- 500 g pork bangers
- 1 x 400 g can butter beans
- 2 T sherry vinegar
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ciabatta, for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Heat the olive oil in a large ovenproof pan, then cook the bangers until browned all over.
2. Add the butter beans and their brine, then the sherry vinegar.
3. Season to taste, then place in the oven and cook for a further 15 minutes.
4. Serve with ciabatta.
Cook's note: Keep cans of butter beans, and other pulses and legumes, in your pantry for nights like these.
Photographs: Jan Ras
Food assistants: Bianca Strydom and Keletso Motau