- 4 ripe plum tomatoes, halved
- Olive oil, to drizzle
- 8 basil leaves
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 free-range eggs, beaten
- 2/5 cup milk
- Salt and white pepper, to season
- 2 t butter
- 1 baguette, warmed and sliced into 4
- 2 ripe avocados, mashed
Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
Place the tomatoes on a baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil and place a basil leaf on each. Season. Roast for 20 minutes or until soft and juicy. Beat together the eggs and milk. Season again.
Melt the butter in a frying pan over a low heat. Slowly cook the eggs, folding them occasionally with an egg lifter. Stuff the sliced baguette with avocado and serve with the scrambled eggs and tomatoes.
Per serving: 2665kJ, 24g protein, 40g fat, 45g carbs
Enjoy the delicious creaminess of cold avocado with hot egg and tomatoes for an energy-boosting breakfast.