- 400 g prepared and cooked seafood mix
- 250 ml fish, seafood or vegetable stock
- 1 handful basil
- 400 g chopped tomatoes
- 125 ml cream
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 pinch sugar
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 400 g linguine, cooked until al dente
- Basil leaves, for sprinkling
Cook the frozen marinara mix in a saucepan of boiling water for a minute, or until just done. Drain well, reserving the water for cooking the pasta.
Simmer the stock, basil, tomato, cream, garlic and sugar for 5 minutes. Blend, then check the seasoning. Add the cooked seafood and toss with the hot, drained linguine. Garnish with basil leaves and pass round the pesto, if using.
Cook’s note: For a lighter version, leave out the cream and use more stock.