- 250 g cleaned fresh small calamari tubes and tentacles
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil, for moistening
- 8 slices chorizo (about 35 g)
- Fresh rocket leaves, for serving
Rinse the calamari, drain and dry very well. Mix with a little seasoning and olive oil to moisten.
Heat a cast-iron grill pan until very hot, then quickly fry the chorizo. Add the calamari for a minute or two at the end of the cooking time and fry until just cooked and starting to catch.
Serve, garnished liberally with rocket.
Cook’s note: This tasty fry-up is the perfect partner to crusty sautéed potatoes or roast potato wedges.