- 2 bulbs fresh fennel, thinly sliced
- 350 g baby marrow, sliced lengthways
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 ripe avocados, quartered
- 4 calamari steaks, scored and sliced into strips lengthways
- 1 chilli, finely chopped
- 2 T cranberry-infused balsamic reduction, for drizzling
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
In a pan, over a medium-high heat, fry the fennel and baby marrow in half of the olive oil, until lightly charred.
Divide among 4 plates then add the avocado.
Using another pan over a high heat, sear the calamari strips with the chilli in the remaining olive oil.
Top each salad with the warm calamari strips then drizzle over the cranberry-infused balsamic reduction and extra virgin olive oil. Sprinkle with sea salt and a crack of black pepper.
Per serving: 1264.2kJ, 18.4g protein, 20.7g fat, 9.4g carbs