- 2 x 125 g tubs chicken-liver pâté
- 100 g shelled pistachio nuts, chopped
- baby cos lettuce leaves, to serve
- 12 strawberries, thinly sliced
- 4 T pomegranate concentrate, warmed
- extra-long breadsticks, for serving
Place the chicken-liver pâté in the freezer for 15 minutes. Unmould and slice into thick pieces. Sprinkle each side with pistachio nuts.
Heat a nonstick pan until hot then quickly sear each piece. Keep warm in the oven until all the pieces have been seared.
Place on a few baby cos lettuce leaves, scatter over the strawberries and drizzle with the warmed pomegranate concentrate (available from Woolworths or Verlaque). Serve with extra-long breadsticks.
Cooks note: To make the extra-long breadsticks, slice Italian breadsticks into thin lengths, drizzle with olive oil and grill until golden brown.
Variation: The chicken liver and bacon pâté also works well.
Per serving: 947kJ, 7.9g protein, 19.2g fat, 6.8g carbs
Seared pate is the cheat's version of foie gras.