- For the broth:
- 2 cups Woolworths organic chicken stock
- 1⁄2 red onion, sliced
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 2 stalks lemongrass, bruised
- 1 x 10 cm piece ginger, peeled and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 birds-eye chillies, finely chopped
- 2 T palm sugar
- 1 - 2 T sesame oil
- For the ramen:
- 400 g free-range duck breasts, skin scored
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 T hoisin sauce
- 2 T honey
- 1 T butter
- 150 g exotic mushrooms
- 4 Woolworths rainbow carrots, thinly sliced
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 250 g Woolworths Carb Clever spinach-and-cauliflower noodles
- 3 radishes, thinly sliced, to garnish
- 15 g coriander, chopped, to garnish
- 1 birds-eye chilli, chopped, to garnish
To make the broth, place the chicken stock in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Add the red onion, spring onion, lemongrass, ginger, garlic, chilli, palm sugar and sesame oil. Stir until the sugar has dissolved. Simmer for 10–15 minutes.
Season the duck breasts with salt and pepper. Mix the hoisin sauce and honey and brush onto the duck breasts. Set aside to marinate for 30 minutes.
Heat a pan over a high heat and fry the mushrooms in a little butter until golden. Season and set aside.
Lightly sauté the carrots in the same pan with a little butter. Heat a nonstick pan over a high heat and sear the duck breasts, skin side down, for 6 minutes, then turn and cook for a further 4 minutes. Seal the sides and remove from the heat. Allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
Heat a little olive oil in a small pan, then stir-fry the noodles for 2 minutes and set aside.
To assemble, divide the noodles, mushrooms and duck breast between 2 bowls, pour in the chicken stock and serve immediately. Garnish with radish, coriander and chilli.