- 3 cups water
- 300 Woolworths pearl couscous
- 1 x 700 g Woolworths free-range mature thick-cut beef rump steak
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 200 g Woolworths frozen petit-pois, cooked
- 200 g baby spinach, for serving
- For the green sauce:
- Woolworths prepared garlic, ginger, chilli and fresh turmeric cubes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 T red wine vinegar
- 10 g fresh coriander
- sea salt, to taste
1. Bring the water to the boil, season with salt, then add the couscous and a dash of olive oil. Boil for 15 minutes, or until tender, then drain.
2. Cook the steak to your preference and set aside to rest.
3. To make the green sauce, place 1 cube green chilli in a blender with half the ginger cube and half the garlic cube, with the remaining ingredients. Blend to incorporate.
4. To serve, toss a couple of spoonfuls of the green sauce through the pearl couscous and serve with the peas, baby spinach and thinly sliced steak.
Cook's note: Resting your steak is essential. It allows the meat to relax and to absorb all of the juices
Photographs: Andrea Van Der Spuy
Food assistant: Kate Ferreira