- 2 thick tender-cut steaks, 300g each
- Peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground coriander seeds
- 1 punnet salad onions
- 500 g thin asparagus, blanched
- Baby spinach leaves
- For the dressing, blend together:
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tabkespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon crushed ginger
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and milled black pepper
Moisten steaks with oil and coat with pepper and coriander. Sear the steaks over a high heat until dark outside, but rare inside.
Leave for 5 - 10 minutes before slicing thinly. Toss with dressing.
Moisten the trimmed whole onions with oil and sear in the same pan used for the steaks.
Wash and dry the greens and pile on individual plates. Top with the steak, onions and asparagus.