- 700 g Woolworths free-range rump
- 1 T almond oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 100 g spinach, finely sliced or shredded
- 2 raw beetroot, sliced (or 120 g julienne)
- 200 g Woolworths frozen edamame beans (or fresh peas), blanched and shelled
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 T avocado oil
- Sesame seeds, to garnish
Select a steak with very little marbling; you can also trim the fat before searing. Heat a griddle pan until very hot, almost smoking.
Rub the steak with almond oil and season with black pepper. Sear on the hot griddle pan for 3–4 minutes on each side. Render any fat until golden, then set aside to rest.
Toss the spinach, beetroot and edamame beans with the lemon juice and avocado oil. Thinly slice the steak and serve with the vegetables. Scatter over the sesame seeds and serve with the green goddess-style dressing.
Cook's note: Choose leaner cuts of free-range beef like fat-trimmed fillet over fattier cuts more often to help reduce your intake of saturated fat.
Discover more beef recipes here.